Modify finding information such as the remediation state, assignee, or due date.
You can also change finding definition details, such as the description or remediation instructions, on a per-finding basis. By default, this information is populated from the associated master finding variation. Modifying these fields in a finding only impacts that finding and does not affect the variation.
Tip: Although this task describes accessing a finding from the main findings grid, you can also access findings from other entities, such as projects and applications.
- From the top menu, select .
- Click the finding entry.Tip: You can filter the grid to display findings that match specified criteria. See Search, sort, and filter grids.
- Perform any of these tasks in the Recent Comments area:
Task Steps Add a comment
- Click the add icon ( ).
- Enter the comment, the click Post Comment.
View all comments
- Click the View All link.
The page jumps to the Comments tab.
- (Optional) At the top right of the Comments tab, use the drop-down menu to sort comments by newest or oldest.
- Perform any of these tasks in the Finding Defintion area:
Task Steps Modify the assigned severity Click the currently assigned severity, then select the severity from the drop-down menu. Modify the CVSS 2.0 or 3.0 score
Tip: The calculator window displays the CVSS score and the string.
- Click the calculator icon ( ) for CVSS 2.0 or CVSS 3.0.
- Use the drop-down menus to configure the score.
- Click Save Score.
Modify definition details Modify the text in any of the description, impact, or instructions fields.
To revert changes, click the cancel icon ( ).
- Perform any of these tasks in the Overview area:
Task Steps Modify the remediation state Click the current remediation state, then select the state from the drop-down menu. Assign a finding
- Below Assigned To, click the add icon ( ) or the currently assigned user.
- In the Search team members field, begin typing the user's name, then select the user from the list.
Remove an assignee Hover over the user's name and click the delete icon ( ). Modify the remediation due date
Changes are automatically saved.
- Below Remediation Due Date, click None or the current date.
- Select the date.